This website is operated and controlled by The Kitchen Depot Holdings Limited (The Kitchen Depot).
The Kitchen Depot is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of the data protection legislation, the controller of your personal information is The Kitchen Depot Holdings Limited, company number 04805077, having its registered office at Global House Horton Road, Trench, Telford, Shropshire, TF2 6PD.
The information we collect
We may collect, use and store the following information about you:
- Information that you provide when contacting us through our website (thekitchendepot.co.uk).
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- Information that you provide when you register and submit ratings and reviews on our website of your experiences
- If you contact us by phone, email, social media or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence for our records.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
The information you give us may include your name, email address, address, details of your device, particulars of your social media account and your experiences of different facilities and services where you consider that improvements are required to facilitate hearing, communication and participation in conversation.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, browser type and version, time zone setting and browser plug-in types and versions for system administration and to collate aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We also use analytical cookie files. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our website work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can find more information about the individual cookie files we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Expires|
|_ga||This helps us count how many people visit The Kitchen Depot by tracking if you’ve visited before||2 years|
|_gid||This helps us count how many people visit The Kitchen Depot by tracking if you’ve visited before||24 hours|
|_gat||Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made||10 minutes|
|_utma||Like _ga, this lets us know if you’ve visited before, so we can count how many of our visitors are new to The Kitchen Depot or to a certain page||2 years|
|_utmb||This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on The Kitchen Depot||30 minutes|
|_utmc||This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser||when you close your browser|
|_utmz||This tells us how you reached The Kitchen Depot (for example from another website or a search engine)||6 months
Please note: We use Doubleclick cookies to track browsing activity of users on our website and retarget with an ad on other websites on the internet. This information is stored for 30 days. To opt out go here: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en#display_optout or here: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/
If you wish to delete any cookie files, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Our cookies will contain the domain name dthekitchendepot.co.uk within the file name.
You may refuse to accept cookie files by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To respond to your enquiries and requests.
- To improve our website and to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other access device.
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service or to our business services that may affect you];
- To improve service delivery.
- To contact you for the purposes of conducting research and surveys.
- To keep our website safe and secure.
- To comply with any legal obligations.
- To enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under our terms and conditions.
Our Legal Basis for Using Your Information
When you submit an enquiry through our website in relation to planning your new kitchen, we will use your information in order to consider and respond to your enquiry, in order to take steps to enter into a contract with you for your new kitchen should you decide to proceed. We will then use your personal information in accordance with our Customer Privacy Notice (http://thekitchendepot.co.uk/why-the-kitchen-depot/customer-privacy-notice/).
If you do not provide us with all of the information that we need from you then this may affect our ability to fulfil and manage your enquiry and purchase a kitchen under our customer terms and conditions.
If you have bought a kitchen from us we may provide to you details of similar services, or other services, that you may be interested in. We do this where it is in our interests to promote our services by sending you communications with information for with details on special offers and promotions, where there is no disadvantage to you.
You may ask us at any time not to send you further information by completing our online contact form at www.thekitchendepot.co.uk; Emailing email@example.com; Or writing to us at The Kitchen Depot, 51 Watt Road, Hillington, Glasgow, G52 4RY or selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option, which is within every electronic communication that we send to you.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
We may share your personal information with our professional advisors for the purposes of taking advice, including sharing details of your order payments to our accountants who record and manage our accounts.
The Kitchen Depot employs third party suppliers to provide services, including IT, payroll and installation teams. These suppliers may process personal information on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal data in accordance with those purposes.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the United Kingdom and European Union and is accessed by our employees for the purposes set out above. We keep your personal information secure by:
- Encrypting any company internet access;
- Running secure PCI DSS compliant networks;
- Protecting company data with Firewalls;
- Restricting Access to customer data.
In the event that we need to transfer your personal information outwith the EU, we will provide you with information regarding the safeguards that we have put in place with the recipient country to protect your personal information.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information For
We keep our customers’ personal data, which has been submitted through our website, for at least 5 years for the purpose of enforcing/protecting your kitchen guarantee if/when required. We will review and possibly delete your personal information following a period of at least 5 years after you have ceased to be our customer. We may retain personal information in the event that this is required in respect of any actual or potential claims.
You can exercise any of the following rights by contacting us contact us by completing our online contact form at www.thekitchendepot.co.uk; Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; Or writing to us at The Kitchen Depot, 51 Watt Road, Hillington, Glasgow, G52 4RY. Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- You have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
- If you believe that any of the personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- You have a right to object to and/or request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes;
- If you wish us to delete the personal information that we hold about you, you may request that we do so; and
- If you would like to obtain the personal information that we hold about you to reuse it for your own purposes, may request that we do so.
Any requests received by The Kitchen Depot will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.
To offer a more comprehensive information service our website may contain links to other third party websites service. External links on The Kitchen Depot website are selected and reviewed when the page is published and are chosen due to significance to each hotel or location. However, The Kitchen Depot is not responsible for the content of external websites.
The inclusion of a link to an external website should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners or their products/services).